02 Dec Supplement Confusion
Supplement Addition Guide 2020 with Natalie Jill
A simple guide to the supplements…That I personally add in to support focus, clarity, energy, sleep, fat loss, and to continue to age in reverse.
HOW TO USE THIS GUIDEBOOK
First remember, there are NO MAGIC PILLS. There is not a pill or a drink that will make you bigger, leaner, stronger, etc.
That does not mean supplements can’t ENHANCE things, but what it DOES mean is that you can’t eat a processed diet, be inactive and then pop a pill to get results.
Eating an unprocessed diet is first and foremost as the foundation of a healthy lifestyle.
What you put IN your body shows on the outside too! Think Foods that once grew, foods that help your body THRIVE.
You want to consume foods in their most natural state like fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and healthy fats.
Drop the heavily processed foods, high sodium snacks and stay clear of artificial sweeteners which create havoc on your hormones and skin. This is what I teach in my 7 Day Jump Start Program HERE!
Use supplementation as insurance to fill in the nutritional gaps that you may not be getting in your diet.
Do your research. Look for supplement companies with purely sourced ingredients, that are third party tested to ensure what’s ON the label is actually what you’re getting IN the product, and they value sustainability not only for us but for the planet.
How you start your day is so important! Combat stress, fatigue, and anxiety. boost your phytonutrients, mood, brainpower, and digestive system with these supplements.
1. Multivitamin. Think of a good multi vitamin like an insurance plan. I advise getting most of your nutrition through proper nutrition, but a high quality vitamin supplement can be good insurance.
If your body does not use the vitamins, the excess will merely be excreted. The VITAMINS I personally use morning and night are here — they are called “Complete Essentials™ with IsaGenesis®”
2. Clean Protein Powder. My husband, Brooks, swears by this Whey protein he personally takes here. For dairy free options look at hemp, egg or a Multi Collagen Protein.
Collagen protein gives you support for your skin, nails, joints and gut. Look for a collagen powder that is sourced from non-GMO, grass-fed, cage-free and cruelty-free sources. My favorite collagen protein can be found in this collagen bone broth here.
My FAVORITE flavor Protein powder when having a meal replacement is Birthday Cake from Isagenix.
I also like and use Jay Robb Protein Powder HERE.
3. Telomere Support. Telomeres are segments of our DNA at the end of our chromosomes. As we age, more of our cells lose their telomeres and the body follows and begins breaking down. Their shortening process has been linked with aging, cancer and a higher risk of death.
Although telomere shortening that happens as we age, there are other things we can do that might help restore telomere length or at least slow the loss of telomere length: We can reduce stress, lose excess fat, stay active and eat a healthy unprocessed diet! But even with all of these things, telomere shortening is inevitable. There ARE some promising supplements to help address this!
I personally take and recommend a telomere support supplement daily for this. Get it HERE. This is a powerful blend of complex botanicals and vitamins uniquely designed to offer superior telomere support for youthful aging.
Mega Whole Food Phyto Nutrient Rich Smoothie
1 cup Frozen mixed berries
Hand full of Greens or greens powder
1 cup combined frozen peaches and pomegranate seeds
1 tbsp of any Nut butter. I suggest SunButter
1 scoop of collagen protein powder
1/2 cup water
dash of almond extract
1 tsp Raw Cacao Nibs
1 tsp Shredded Coconut
Step ONE! Grab the nutrition rich ingredients above
Step TWO! Ready to blend?
I use frozen fruit instead of adding ice. This gives it a great slushy and creamy texture without having to water it down with ice! Add water and BLEND!
Step THREE! Add some texture and make it photo worthy
Want to make it Pinterest photo worthy and add some texture? Pour into a mason jar with a colorful straw and top with these optional super foods: 1 tsp Raw cacao, 1 tsp Shredded Coconut, and chopped pecans.
4. Omega 3. Omega 3 Comes from the tissues of oily fish. The best sources are cold-water, fatty fish. Fish oil benefits including alleviating many symptoms of ADHD, Anxiety, Arthritis, Cardiovascular disease, depression and aiding in WEIGHT LOSS! There are also several studies indicating that omega-3 fish oil supplements worked just as well as NSAIDs in reducing arthritic pain and are a safer alternative to NSAIDs!
Although there ARE many foods High in Omega 3 Fatty (Flaxseed oil , Fish oil, Chia seeds, Walnuts, Fish roe (eggs), and fatty fish, I highly suggest taking an Omega 3 supplement in ADDITION to what you get in food for insurance purposes.
Including these into your diet is one of the best things you can do for your weight, brainpower and mood. The Fish Oil that I personally take daily is the Isa Omega HERE
5. Probiotic. Probiotics are “good” bacteria that line our digestive tract! They support our bodies ability to absorb nutrients and fight infections. They support immune function and healthy digestion, as well as beautiful skin.
Historically, we had plenty of probiotics in our diets from eating fresh foods from good soil and by fermenting our foods to keep them from spoiling.
However, because of modern agricultural practices, our food contains little to no probiotics today, and even worse, many foods actually contain dangerous antibiotics that kill off the good bacteria in our bodies.
By adding more probiotic foods into your diet, you could experience a stronger immune system, digestion improvement, and healing from leaky gut syndrome (an inflammatory bowel disease).
Probiotics are great for supporting a healthy balance of microflora and healthy
bacteria’s in the intestinal and digestive tracts.
The probiotics I like are HERE.
6. Turmeric. Curcumin is the main active ingredient in Turmeric. It is a powerful antioxidant and has incredible anti inflammatory powers. Curcumin has also shown to increase brain function, lower risk of heart disease, pain reduction in arthritis and to slow the aging process AND even treat depression! Because curcumin is poorly absorbed into the blood stream, studies show that consuming black pepper with it (because it contains which piperine) absorption can be increased by nearly 2000%. So, look for a natural brand and make sure there is pepper in with the Turmeric. The one I take is called Brain Boost and Renewal and can be found HERE.
7. Vitamin D. Vitamin D has been know to reduce your risk of diabetes, lower your risk of heart disease, rheumatoid arthritis , decrease depression, raise energy levels AND it regulates your immune system. I suggest getting your vitamin D levels checked.
Our bodies produce vitamin D naturally when exposed to the sun. Because many avoid the sun for fear or skin cancer and skin damage, many of us are low on vitamin D
If daily exposure to direct sun light is not an option to you then I suggest a vitamin D supplement. The one I take can be found HERE and I also take a brand called Design for Health. I take 5,000 mg everyday.
8. Caffeine. I AM personally a caffeine fan and it has a place in my diet and here is why: It helps me with focus and it allows me to push harder during workouts. For the morning, the coffee I like can be found HERE. This coffee is combined with green tea extract, trace minerals and coconut oil which lowers the natural acidity of coffee.
9. Greens. If you have a hard time eating your greens, or getting enough in each day, a good greens powder is KEY! Concentrated green super food benefits range from being an easy alternative for getting your daily greens to boosting your energy levels to helping your body digest better, purify and enhancing your immune system. The Isagenix Greens were the first greens I had that had been naturally sweetened so they didn’t have that super-earthy / swamp water taste that so many are worried about.
Meal Delivery & Snacks
If you want to eat healthy but don’t want to think, cook or clean up, I have you covered!
TRIFECTA Organic Meal Delivery
After searching and trying a NUMBER or pre made meals, I finally found a company I can get behind and fully endorse.
What I love MOST about these meals is they are all organic, premium, taste AMAZING and can be delivered right to your door!
They are also super accommodating no matter what your eating preferences. They have Clean, Classic, Paleo, Vegetarian, Vegan and even Keto options.
Favorite Allergy Friendly Nutbutter
Pair with veggies or a piece of fruit like an apple.
NYRVANA is yummy FOCUS chocolate!
use code NatalieJill for free expedited shipping
Pre & Post Workout
These are the supplements that i take to enhance my workouts & help with muscle soreness and recovery.
10. Natural Energy Drink. I like to kick start my workouts with an e+ natural energy shot over ALL other energy drinks personally because it truly contains NOTHING artificial. No artificial colors, sweeteners or flavors. AND it has no “crash” effects like most energy drinks do.
11. Amped BCAA Plus. I can confidently recommend the entire AMPED line of workout supplements. I add this to my water bottle and sip on it during my workouts. BCAA’s are your workouts BFF! They help create lean muscle and sustained energy. Take your workout to the next level HERE.
12. AMPED Repair. This is my go-to post-workout supplement that helps boost recovery, repair muscles, reduce soreness, and support better joint health so you can develop lean muscle and get ready for your next workout. It also contains collagen peptides which is great for your skin, nail and hair growth too- bonus! Check it out HERE.
13. Hydration. Hydration whether you are physically active or not is so important. Guzzle your water! Beyond flushing waste out of your body and helping your vital organs function properly, hydrating also helps nourish your skin (which is, in fact, the largest organ of your body). It helps to fight off wrinkles and give my outer layer a healthy glow by staying hydrated. I always have water with me at my desk, in my car, in my bag. A hydration hack I use is to flavor my water to help me get it in! I recommend THIS one which is a natural electrolyte powder you can add to your water. It naturally hydrates and replenishes.
14. Sleep Support Spray. I use this spray when traveling to different time zones but not every night. Melatonin combined with a proprietary complex of stress-reducing nutrients in Sleep Support & Renewal helps promote high-quality sleep. Check it out HERE.
15. Magnesium. Magnesium has been shown to be extremely therapeutic when it comes to alleviating and preventing headaches, constipation, sleep disorders, chronic pain, and even asthma!
Before bed on those nights where I need a little help relaxing, I take either FLUSH which you can find HERE which is a pill form of magnesium OR a magnesium powder called “CALM” that can be found at any natural grocery store.
16. CBD Oil and CBD Bath Bombs. This is a true miracle supplement to me and will be your new best friend. For real. Replace your over the counter things that make you drowsy and cranky the next day with this. This will offer you relief with your overall sleep quality.
I know that first time users are always concerned about if CBD oils is legal. YES, legal CBD oil is made typically from HEMP which is part of the same plant family as Marijuana but that is the only similarity! CBD is not psychoactive and is legal in most states. My favorite CBD Is HERE.
And the bath bombs and cream are here: Mysoulcbd – You Can Save By Using Coupon: NatalieJill
17. Ashwagandha is an incredibly healthy medicinal herb. It’s classified as an “adaptogen,” meaning that it can help your body manage stress. Ashwagandha also provides all sorts of other benefits for your body and brain. I don’t have a particular favorite brand but you can find one at any health food store.
Supplement FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
With so many supplement choices, and so much information out there, it can get downright confusing! Here’s how to find the great ones!
1. What Should I Look For In A Supplement Company?
This is a personal preference, but I choose supplements with a high standard of product quality. I look for pure sourced ingredients and companies that value sustainability for not only us but for the planet.
I look at research, quality control, and I make sure everything is tested. Do your own research and draw your own conclusion.
2. Why is Isagenix the primary brand you recommend for many of these supplements?
Isagenix is one of the “great ones.” 99% of their products are gluten free, and ALL of their products are soy free, and void of artificial flavors and colors. As a whole, they are quality products that are more natural than many popular supplements out there.
I have been a user of many of the Isagenix products for over 6 years now.
3. Who should I contact if I want more information?
For general questions about this guide and more you can email: [email protected]
My Favorite Anti Aging Skincare AND RECOVERY Hacks
Eating an unprocessed diet, drinking lots of water, and taking a few supplements are what I do for the inside. Here are the products I recommend for using on the outside:
Retin-A (tretinoin) is a form of vitamin A that helps the skin renew itself. It is used to reduce the appearance of fine wrinkles and mottled skin discoloration, and to make rough facial skin feel smoother. Get a prescription from your dermatologist for this!
Visibly minimizes pores and under-eye puffiness, creates firmer-feeling contours, and allows for flawless makeup blending.
CLEANSE and Moisturize.
These are the Skincare products that I use (Rejuvity from Isagenix)
I swear by this line!
Get Quality Oxygen
This is something we tend to overlook and it is CRITICAL not to. You see, we can’t survive without three things: WATER, FOOD and OXYGEN and the answer for repair of most cells and thriving is those three things. However, I know you are thinking, “but Natalie, we breathe oxygen!” Yes, sort of… You DO but what it the quality of it? I use and highly suggest a quality Air Filter like the Intellipure HERE
BODY: Coconut oil mixed with essential oils
I love using essential oils. Their uses are limitless and a holistic compliment to a healthy lifestyle. I apply a mix of essential oils (I vary depending on mood) with coconut oil all over! To minimize sensitivity, mix 1-2 drops with coconut oil. You can grab essential oils and coconut oil at the store or purchase the ones I use HERE.
All-New PUREWAVE™ GEN II
THIS is a MUST HAVE! I wish I had discovered this sooner! This has been helping me SO MUCH with recovery, pain reduction, relaxation… ALL The things!! This “self massager” is the BEST… If you have been following my IG stories you see how much I am using this! It is pure genius and the price was already super affordable but I have an EXTRA discount on this now for you too!
Check it out HERE and use RECOVERY at checkout to save!