Pesto and Sun-Dried Tomato Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
Not a meatloaf fan? You will be after eating this fresh take on an old classic! Here’s your Pesto and Sun-Dried Tomato Turkey Meatloaf Recipe! The secret? Pesto and sun-dried tomatoes add flavor; combined with the veggies, it’s a moist, delicious meatloaf that will become a new family favorite!
Pesto Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup packed fresh basil
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup pine-nuts
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a high-speed blender or Vitamix, add all above ingredients.
- Blend on high until smooth
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienne-sliced and drained
- 1 large zucchini, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup button or crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 2 lbs of ground white turkey meat
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add in 1 ghee and melt, add onion and cook until translucent (about 4 minutes), add zucchini, carrots, and mushrooms and saute for 3-4 minutes or until the zucchini and carrots begin to soften.
- Transfer the cooked vegetables to a large bowl and let cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Combine the onion, carrot, zucchini, mushroom mixture with the ground turkey, egg, pesto, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Pat the mixture into a loaf pan (5×9 inch) and smooth the top; bake for 1 hour.
- After the meatloaf has cooked for 1 hour, remove it from the oven and drain some of the fat out of the loaf pan if needed. Then brush the meatloaf with the tomato paste and place back in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the top looks browned and caramelized.
- If needed, drain again and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Change your STATE, Plan your PLATE, LOVE your WEIGHT!