26 Feb Chocolate SunButter Donuts – Gluten Free and Dairy free
Chocolate SunButter Donuts – Gluten Free and Dairy free
Soooo this happened last night (and this morning) and omg they are sooooo ooey gooey gooooood! Chocolate Glazed SunButter Donuts!
WARNING: These are a TREAT not a fat loss recipe AND you need to be prepared to share or you will eat them all!!
The best part is they are much healthier than commercial donuts. They are not fried, they are dairy free, and they are gluten free (fellow celiac here!)
For the dry ingredients:
2 cups gluten free flour of choice
3/4 cup coconut sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt.
For the wet ingredients:
3/4 cup almond milk
1/2 cup mashed banana
2 tablespoons sunbutter
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup raw cacao nibs.
For the chocolate glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tablespoons almond milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
To make the donuts (get excited!!)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a donut pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
3. In a medium bowl mix together all the wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined, adding in chocolate chips at the end.
4. Scoop the batter into a large ziplock bag and cut the corner off of the bag. Put the batter into the donut pan, dividing it evenly among the 12 donuts wells.
5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the donuts have fluffed up and golden. Take out of the oven and cool for 5 minutes then flip the donuts over so the bottoms let off steam.
To make the chocolate glaze:
1. Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix well. If the glaze is a bit too thick at 1 teaspoon almond milk at a time to reach desired consistency.
2. Dip the donuts into the glaze half way up and carefully lift the donut back out again. The frosting will set as it rests.
Now…. promise you will SHARE THEM!!!!!!