25 Mar Shrimp Summer Rolls
Shrimp Summer Rolls
Ummmm Hi! Anyone else find themselves wanting to eat their ENTIRE pantry right now or find themselves staring into the fridge like something magical is going to jump out?
When we’re bored or lonely or stressed (hello allll three these days) this happens!
Not even gonna tell you not to do it BUT I am going to share a hack to make it a win-win!
Experiment w/cooking and trying new recipes and flavors and w/ swapping out ingredients for things you haven’t used before
This keeps creativity going, munchies at bay and stops boredom!
Perfect timing for this considering so many of our NORMAL groceries are actually not available right now.
Here is something I did. Super yummy Sunbutter Summer Rolls
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp minced ginger
2 tbsp GF tamari
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp chili paste
1/3 cup sunbutter
1/3 cup water
1 cup bean thread or rice cellophane noodles
1 cup fresh basil
1/2 red pepper
6 cooked medium shrimp (you can use tofu or chicken instead!) 6 rice paper sheets
1/2 cup cilantro leaves
In a bowl, blend all sauce ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
1. Prepare rice noodles as directed on package & drain
2. Cut all veggies into long thin strips
3. Prepare work area w/ a double thickness of paper towels. Fill a shallow pan w/ warm water. Soak 1 rice-paper round in water until pliable, (30 seconds) then transfer to prepared work surface.
4. Arrange 1/6 of the noodles on bottom half of soaked rice paper. Top with 1/6 of each vegetable and 1 piece of shrimp cut in half length wise. Roll up paper tightly around filling until half of paper is rolled, arrange 2 to 3 cilantro leaves on flat paper right up against rolled edge. Fold in sides towards center and continue rolling. Transfer roll to a plate and cover with dampened paper towels.
5. Make 5 more rolls and cut in 1/2 serve with sunbutter Sauce on the side for dipping.