08 May Sunbutter Pumpkin Pie
Sunbutter Pumpkin Pie
Calories don’t count when you are PMSing
Ok not true but it’s fun to believe that.
Sooooo I was majorly craving pumpkin pie (it’s my favorite and I know it’s not thanksgiving time lol but… ya know the days are all mixed up anyways AND pms is a thing haha)
So I was looking for a lower sugar dairy free alternative and found this Sunbutter recipe and y’all it was soooooo good! It’s an interesting twist on traditional pumpkin pie. The SunButter makes it high in proteins and healthy fats 🙂
Here is how you do it:
1 1/2 cup oat flour
1/4 cup No-Sugar Added SunButter
1/4 cup coconut oil
Pinch of salt
2-4 tbsp warm water
1 15oz can pumpkin puree
1/4 cup No-Sugar Added Sunbutter
1/2 cup maple syrup (seems like a lot BUT this is all the sugar total in the whole pie)
3/4 cup coconut milk
3 tbsp tapioca starch
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1. Preheat the oven to 425F.
2. Combine the oat flour, coconut oil, SunButter, water and salt to form a ball of dough.
3. Roll out between two sheets of wax paper and transfer to pie pan
4. Combine and blend the filling ingredients until smooth
5. Pour into the crust.
6. Bake for 15 minutes at 425F. Reduce heat to 350 and bake for 40-45 minutes
7. Remove from the oven. Cool, then chill overnight (or if like me dig in because you’ve been craving it lol)
8. Serve with coconut whipped cream and a sprinkling of shredded coconut on top as I did here OR add some pecans if you want to add some nuts!!