17 Jun We Almost Didn’t Make It
We Almost Didn’t Make It
We almost didn’t make it. 10 years together, married 5 years TODAY at the San Diego courthouse (then 2 months later with family and friends) And…yup… we almost didn’t make it. So many ups and downs but WOW, so worth the journey!
I am more in love with my husband today than the day I said “I do”
What didn’t work for us:
- Needing to be “right”
- Putting work before each other
- Forgetting what we love about each other
- Talking to others about our blame.
- Expecting the other to “change”
- Wanting to quit when it got hard
- Choosing LOVE
- Meaning our commitment
- Working on ourselves and taking personal responsibility
- Lots and lots and LOTS of personal development.
- Loving ourselves
- Letting the unimportant things go
- Remembering our intentions
- Working THROUGH things
- Creating space to truly be with each other.
Men if you want a strong woman be a safe place for her. Strong women need to feel safe and secure. Step into your masculine. You know what that means.
Women if you want a loving man you must love yourself and BE loving to them. Step into your feminine.. you ALSO know what that means… if you don’t , read up: lots of materials on this topic there is not room for two masculine energies in a relationship. That doesn’t work.
I am so in love with my husband Brooks Hollan. Can’t wait to celebrate 50 more.